dvipng

[Dvipng] option for additional map files?

From: Karl Berry
Subject: [Dvipng] option for additional map files?
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2012 09:02:39 -0800

Hi Jan-Ake,

I've been using dvipng to extract sample images for fonts.  For that, it
would be helpful to have fontmap-related options, specifically dvips's
-u +somefont.map to add the entries in somefont.map.  It's something of
a drag to be forced to have every entry in the system map file.

Or am I missing something and there is some way to do it already?

Wdyt?

Thanks,
Karl

P.S. I did not see the contact email address in the output of --help or
directly at http://www.nongnu.org/dvipng/ ... would be nice not to hide
it in section 7.1 :).