edu-eu

Re: brief mention Re: Education strategy

From: Hilaire Fernandes
Subject: Re: brief mention Re: Education strategy
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 09:58:08 +0200

On Wed, 8 May 2002 18:36:14 -0400 (EDT)
Karl <address@hidden> wrote:

> I do not want to take any momentum away from Nick's email below.
>
> But I do not not think that I have mentioned to this list (at least not in
> a long time) that we have an international GNU/Linux in Education Case
> Studies Repository project.
>
> Please feel free to contact the schools listed in our repository at
> http://casestudy.seul.org/ for your efforts advocating free software in
> education.

Hum! The problem witht the Seul repository is that non free software are
promoted aswell. Because of that kind of mixture (that do not help to educate
people about the philosophy of free software) the GNU project has set up
a repository of free software, in this section there is also an edu section.
OFSET has also build a repository of free software but with a thin
categorisation
than the GNU one.

Hilaire