edu-eu

[edu-eu] musescore

From: Sam Tuke
Subject: [edu-eu] musescore
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 17:51:44 +0000

At FOSDEM I had a valuable conversation with Nicolas Froment and his team
about the musescore project (http://musescore.org/).

musescore is a powerful and feature rich Free Software musical score editor,
comparable to leading proprietary alternatives.

At FOSDEM, we discussed the importance of FS notation to schools and
educational institutions, and the potential for musescore to be widely used in
such places, not least because of the hugely prohibitive fees and terms
required by competitors.

I promised to put Nicolas in contact with FSFE's education team as you could
potentially be valuable to each other in future.

Thanks,

Sam.
--
Sam Tuke
British Team Coordinator

Document Freedom Day - Liberate your documents!
http://documentfreedom.org - March 30th 2011