edu-eu

Re: [edu-eu] WSIS10 recommendations (was: Free software & education even

From: Guido Arnold
Subject: Re: [edu-eu] WSIS10 recommendations (was: Free software & education event next week in Paris)
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 11:06:23 +0200

Hello Ivaylo and others,

2013/6/15 Ivaylo Ganchev <address@hidden>:

> thank you for this feed-back. Let's hope now that these recommendations
> will be considered and won't be left as
> just-another-set-of-recommendations.
>
> If you have an idea about how to bring light to these propositions, let us
> know.

Maybe we could encourage people to contact one or more of the UNESCO
associated schools in their area, pointing to these UNESCO
recommendations and ask them if they are already using Free Software
and if not if they plan to do something about it. According to the
website, there are 9566 schools world wide. That would be a start :)

As these schools already made a statement that they identify
themselves with UNESCO, they might be more inclined to follow the
recommendations than others.

http://www.unesco.org/new/en/education/networks/global-networks/aspnet/
down on the right hand side, there are links to the regions with lists
of participating schools (ASPNET WORLDWIDE)

We could draft a sample letter/email for that. What do you think?
Feel free to use https://public.pad.fsfe.org/ for that. I am currently
tied up with other things, but I am happy to jump in as soon as I can
see my desk again!

Greetings,

Guido

--
Guido Arnold                       Free Software Foundation Europe
http://blogs.fsfe.org/guido     []         Edu team & German team