edu-eu

From: Guido Arnold
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 22:57:59 +0200

Hello everybody,

This mailing list has been around almost as long as FSFE's existence
[1]. Every now and then it was discussed to move it to FSFE's
infrastructure. As we (FSFE) are currently reconciling our mailing
lists anyway, this would be the perfect time for it.

OTOH, the traffic doesn't really justify a dedicated mailing list. As
education is of interest for everybody, we were thinking to discuss
edu matters on FSFE's generic discussion list [2] instead.

So, the idea is to invite people to discuss educational topics there
instead of this list. The matter of this email is what shall happen
with this list then?

Our proposed solution would be to keep the archive alive as some
messages are certainly being linked to, etc. but won't allow any new
subscriptions anymore and un-subscribe all existing members.
The info text on the landing page would get an explanation of the
situation and link to discussion@ [2].

Alternatively, this list could be handed over to individuals who are
willing to maintain it in the future.

If you are interested in doing this, please reply no later than
November 30th, 2016.

Greetings,

Guido

[1] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/edu-eu/2001-05/msg00000.html