edu-fr

Re: [Edu-fr] Updated French page

From: Hilaire Fernandes
Subject: Re: [Edu-fr] Updated French page
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 12:30:31 +0200

>    * I replaced characters with accents by the corresponding HTML code
>      ('´' instead of 'é'). I guess it's more standard (that's what
>      we have in the French version of the GNU home page), but it makes
>      it more difficult to edit pages in a simple text editor. I asked

Using Latin-1 (or iso-8859-1) is part of the W3c recommandation, therefore
there is
no reason not using accented charaterz of the Latin-1 table.
We do not need to stick to Ascii characters. Just a question of taste.

Thanks for your contribution.

I think the new GNU education maintainer is
Kristian A. Rink" <address@hidden>
Hilaire

--
OFSET - Organization for Free Software in Education and Teaching
http://www.ofset.org