edu-fr

[Edu-fr] Re: Become developer in "Education" project on savannah.gnu.org

From: Michael Opdenacker
Subject: [Edu-fr] Re: Become developer in "Education" project on savannah.gnu.org?
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 21:17:14 +0200

Hi!

The pleasure is mine!

Perhaps it's time to introduce myself a little bit...

I have no background in teaching. I am a software guy who learnt efficient
typing with the help of the Typist program. As I wanted to contribute to
this project in return, I became the new maintainer of this project since
May, as no-one was in charge at that time. Before that, I've been using GNU
programs for years, and it's a great experience for me to contribute to GNU
now.

Appart from software, I am also very interested in languages. So, don't
hesitate to ask me for help on making translations (especially between
English and French), or to help on tools for learning languages, or for any
kind of help I could bring, of course! I live in the region of Nice, France,
and I could also help for events in this region. My availability is a bit
limited though, because of my involvement in GNU Typist, for which there is
a lot of work to do!

By the way, I may soon get back to you for help on finding typing teachers
would could contribute lessons, for as many languages and keyboard types as
possible.

Whaaooh... that's a tough exercise to introduce oneself! It took much more
time for me to write than for you to read, and my quick typing skills didn't
help this time!

    @;^)

    Bye!
    A  très bientôt!

    Michael.

> Hello Michael,
>
> please to see you now amongst us in this new hopeful project ! We set
> up this project thinking it could give educational projects a
> definitive push towards quality and operationality. I hope and I
> think that with your help, we will be able to go further forward  !
>
> Cordially,
> Raphael Calvelli
>
> (et on pourra aussi se parler en français à l'occasion)
>
> >Hello,

> >Rather than asking you to add this page and keep it up to date
> >(especially now that Hilaire is very busy), I'd like to be declared as a
> >developer for the Education project in savannah.gnu.org, and be granted
> >an access to the CVS doc repository. This way, I could take the
> >responsibility of keeping this French page up-to-date.

Michael Opdenacker, address@hidden
GNU Typist project maintainer
GNU Project home: http://www.gnu.org/
GNU Typist home: http://www.gnu.org/software/gtypist/