edu-fr

Re: [Edu-fr] Re: Referencing education page

From: Olivier Berger
Subject: Re: [Edu-fr] Re: Referencing education page
Date: 23 Aug 2001 16:31:13 +0200

I think there has been some misunderstanding about Odile's request...

And as Odile wrote you after a question of mine, I'll try to clarify
this a bit (if I may, Odile ;)

On Thu, 2001-08-23 at 07:21, Richard Stallman wrote:
>     Vladimir Tamara, Hilaire Fernandes, and other edu-eu, edu-fr, and more,
>     list members have started building an education section for the GNU
>     project.
>     See http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/edu for details

OK. This is the savannah project grouping the people willing to
participate to the elaboration of the education section of the gnu.org
site (http://www.gnu.org/education/).

Being a member of this savannah project grants commit access to the CVS
which holds pages that will be published in
http://www.gnu.org/education/.

Now, this works OK, as you said at the end of your reply.

The request of odile here :

>     Could you be so kind and write a link somewhere to those pages under
>     http://www.gnu.org/education/
>     or, if such link already exists, tell us where we can find it.

is about the pages of http://www.gnu.org/education/ no being advertised
elsewhere on the www.gnu.org site...

To my knowledge, there is no link pointing from http://www.gnu.org/ (or
from the sitemap), to the education/ section.

> Shouldn't we put these pages *in* the directory
> http://www.gnu.org/education/?  That's what the directory was intended
> for.

Now, if you agree with the present content of the education/ section (I
don't know details of "validation" process before publication of gnu.org
pages), can the webmasters integrate it (links to-) in the site, just
like any other subsection of the site ?

Best regards,