edu-fr

[Edu-fr] The German "PingoS" project

From: Heiko Degenhardt
Subject: [Edu-fr] The German "PingoS" project
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 18:20:53 +0200

Hello,

at http://www.gnu.org/education/ I read about the GNU project and
education. I think, the use of free software and documentation at
schools is one of the main tasks of the "community" in the near
future.

I would like to point you to the German PingoS project, which is offering
free Linux support for schools and writing school software and documentation
under the GPL. The homepage (currently only available in German
language) is at http://www.pingos.schulnetz.org, but you can find
a short description of the project in English language at
http://www.pingos.schulnetz.org/degenhar/PingoS-short/PingoS-short-v00.05.txt.

We are very interested in getting in contact with other projects
that are promoting free software at schools. We just got some
contact with the Ofset (http://www.ofset.org) and Ganesha's project
(http://www.ganeshas-project.org).

It would be very nice to here from you what you think of our
project, and if you see some way that we can cooperate.

With kind regards.
Heiko.