edu-fr

[Edu-fr] Free software project

From: Filip Rooms
Subject: [Edu-fr] Free software project
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 14:33:28 -0000

Hi,

In Ghent (Belgium), some students took the initiative to write a manual
for using GNU/Linux in highschools. Thge webpage
http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/glms/ says

  We are creating a manual about using GNU/Linux in schools. The manual
  consists of three parts: a global introduction to GNU/Linux, setting up
  a stand alone GNU/Linux computer and setting up a GNU/Linux server. This
  manual will be used begin 2003 in lessons given to ICT coordinators in
  Belgium. Although the manual will be in Dutch we hope that someone will
  translate it for us. For the stand alone computer we are using Mandrake
  GNU/Linux, and for the server computer we are using Debian GNU/Linux.
  We will also refer to other GNU projects that involve education.

--
Kind regards,

Filip Rooms

Ghent University
Department for Telecommunication and Information Processing (TELIN)
Sint-Pietersnieuwstraat 41, B-9000, Gent, Belgium
Tel: +32 (0)9/264 34 15
Fax: +32 (0)9/264 42 95
address@hidden
http://telin.ugent.be/~frooms/