eev

Re: [eev] text with arbitrary text properties (sometimes hyperlink actio

From: David O'Toole
Subject: Re: [eev] text with arbitrary text properties (sometimes hyperlink actions)
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 03:16:52 -0400

ooooh! this is cool eduardo. fuller response when I am awake :-)

but while I am asleep, i will say:

i would like to be able to make it object oriented so that a text
fragment matching a certain description could be said to have a
"class" and suddenly would acquire a set of operations (accessible
variously via keymap, tool-tips, speed-bar, etc) provided that a class
definition was available. the class system could be dead simple.

it's important that each be able to have some state.

for example: special character that's either light or dark, checks its
number of neighbor cells (configurably)... all code the same but all
states different.

alternatively: i want to make files like the following:

 <GNU Pic markup goes here while being edited>
 <GNU Pic markup goes here while being edited>
 <GNU Pic markup goes here while being edited>

| <shell command> conver

 <preview image shown here, updated upon save>
 <preview image shown here, updated upon save>
 <preview image shown here, updated upon save>

AND i want it to be embeddable in any file format within the
comments. I'm working on the concepts/code right now, in my growing
not-yet-published wikiverse.

I am too tired to be typing really. .  . . get me away from emacs!