eev

[eev] Back into business: eev-template ?

From: Xavier Maillard
Subject: [eev] Back into business: eev-template ?
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2014 22:48:54 +0200

Hello all,

long time no see. Sorry for my silence for so long.
Many things have changed since then ;)

I still use GNU eev. To be honest, I have abandoned it more or less and
like my first love, I always come back to it ;)

I use daily eepitch for all sort of stuff. I even created my own
eepitch-X extensions (I am a DBA and need to use sqlplus and things like
that). I would be very happy to contribute it back but I did not find
any SCM to prepare my patch.

On another part, I am trying to get back into the "normal" eev business
and I'd like to be able to use eev-template to do something more or less
like yasnippet.

I want to have "prepared" PL/SQL queries in which I could replace some
fields with real value.

Here is an example.

Let's say I have a query like that:

select foo from bar where baz=1;

I would like to have an eev note (escript or something like that) where
I could store it like:

#^O
select foo from bar where baz=SOMETHINGTOBEREPLACEDWHENHITTINGF9;
#

In fact, my main use would be to have some sort of a knowledge database
I could browse and parameterize according the the current context.

Do you understand ? If yes, is that something I can already do today ?

On the other hand, what is "eev-template" exactly ? Do you have an
escript repository since I asked the other day^W^Wyear ? :D

It is good to do fun stuff again, hope there is still people here.

Regards
Xavier