eev

Re: [eev] Back into business: eev-template ?

From: Eduardo Ochs
Subject: Re: [eev] Back into business: eev-template ?
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 21:24:55 -0300

Hi Xavier!

Sorry for taking several days to answer - but at least I downloaded
yasnippet and saw the video and got an idea of what it can do...

I do have lots of template-based functions in eev, and I use them all
the time. They are much more low-level than yasnippet, of course, and
most of them fall in one of these two kinds:

  1. The ones that are invoked with meta-uppercase letter; they
     operate on the current line, like M-T, M-C, and friends. See
     this - and please run the tests:

       (find-wrap-intro "All wrapping functions")

  2. The ones that create temporary buffers with a sexp on top that
     regenerates the buffer, like the ones in:

       (find-eevfile "eev-tlinks.el")
       http://angg.twu.net/eev-current/eev-tlinks.el.html

     and here (but these are undocumented):

       http://angg.twu.net/.emacs.templates.html
       http://angg.twu.net/.emacs.templates
       (find-wget "http://angg.twu.net/.emacs.templates";)

I have tons of things to say about them - sorry for the state of the
docs, btw - but it would be really fantastic for me if we could chat
by IRC... I have never had any feedback on this part of eev, and I
guess that I could implement what you need in 10 minutes once I
understand it better - and that would help me to write docs and
examples and to clean the code, too.

Any chance of continuing this by chat?
I have a lot of free time this week, and a 20-min brainstorm will
probably be sufficient if you're busy. I am in this timezone:
  http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/brazil/rio-de-janeiro

Cheers =),
  Eduardo Ochs
  address@hidden