eliot-dev

Re: [Eliot-dev] PT Word List

From: Olivier Teuliere
Subject: Re: [Eliot-dev] PT Word List
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2018 22:36:22 +0100

Hi,

Thank you, your contribution is very welcome!

To get started with the translation, you can download 'eliot.pot' from
https://github.com/ipkiss42/eliot/tree/master/po, rename it as
'pt.po', and start translating the strings in it (please also fill in
the header). You can use software like poedit (among others) to help
with the translation work.

The list of words your provided is a good start for the dictionary,
but it is actually not enough: Eliot dictionaries also embed the
frequency and value of each letter, along with a dictionary name (and
usually a version). See http://eliot.nongnu.org/en/dict.html#own for
how to build one yourself. I actually recommend that you build one and
play a little bit with it to make sure that things look fine. You can
them send me the .dawg file (compiled dictionary), so that I add it to
the webite for download.

Let me know if you have questions!

Cheers,
Olivier