eliot-general

Re: [Eliot-general] Not installing in French

From: Olivier Teuliere
Subject: Re: [Eliot-general] Not installing in French
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 11:45:55 +0100

Bonjour James,

On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 03:52, James Preen <address@hidden> wrote:
> Merci Olivier,
> both your suggestions worked independently of each other. I'm still
> not sure how to tell what LANG is being reported by windows 7; I tried
> creating a locale directory called fr_ca, but the menus still
> defaulted to "en". I have left the program with en's contents replaced
> by that of fr, thanks again.

I tried on an english version of Windows 7, with the following
regional settings (in the Region and Language window of the Control
Panel):
Format: French (Canada)
Location: Canada
Eliot starts as expected, with everything in French.

Could you tell me the value of the above fields on your aunt's computer please?
Also, would you mind installing VLC (http://www.videolan.org/vlc/),
which uses a similar language detection mechanism, and tell me if its
interface is in French?

> With regards my second question, I was hoping that I could somehow set
> it so that when Eliot is launched it remembers the settings from the
> previous game and will start with a computer (or computers) at the
> same level as last time. Is that feasible?

No, this is not possible at the moment. I can easily add an option to
change the default level of the computer, but remembering the full
game settings (number, name, type and level of the players) would be a
bit more work, and probably not very useful.
So if a simple default level is OK for you, I can add it for the next version.

Best regards,
--
Olivier