elysium-developers

[Elysium-developers] saute fortify

From: Bart Walters
Subject: [Elysium-developers] saute fortify
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 17:04:19 +1300

Myra, it seemed, making no answer, rose and departed with angry eyes. It went thus:Pharaoh forgets that in this quiet place his armies avail himnothing.
If I spare you, how can I be certain that youwill spare me?
Ramose, know that I do not wish to kill you if only I can be surethat you will not plot against me. But you are not angry,Ramose, and you have promised to protect me from those men.
Suddenly a figure appeared stopping my path and I sprang back, fearingthieves.
Again he looked at me as though he would search my heart, and inquiredwhere I lived. Be a man, show yourself as a high lordin Egypt, become famous.
Where have you been all these years, Ramose?
At thedoor I sprang out and called to the running footmen to lead away thehorses. He has thousands at hiscommand to do his will, whereas I am defenceless.
In Memphis we are not aswe were at Salamis the happy. Yet whyshould he cause me to be killed whom in the past he saved from death?
Search out another house for you and me and Myra, forhere I can dwell no more.
Yes, he does this even at a time when Babylon is threatened byCyrus the Persian.
If you are weary of life and rule, strive to bring death uponme who never harmed you.
At length theescort came, and with it the chariot of Pharaoh.
Indeed, what I said was but to tryyou, so let it be forgotten.
That Pharaoh cannot do, I said, having eaten of my bread. Then Amasis turned to me and asked,What happened to you after we parted years ago, Ramose?
It was as though it had been gripped by a cold hand. I would hear no more ofyour evil-opened talk.
I have heard much of this man, morethan I wish indeed. I repeat those words, for the stars do not change theirstory.
You seem disturbed, Ramose, he said as he checked the motion ofthese swinging balls.
Although he spoke so low all he said, or the meaning of it, cameto my sense made keen by danger.
See, Ramose, how well I trust you, he said.
Have you not a mother who knows the ways of courts and can help you?
I think that you have power, Babylonian, he said, if of a differentsort from mine.
He was arrayed as ageneral, and wore no emblem of royalty save a small golden uraeus uponhis helm. Presently I met Belus and noting that he looked weary, asked him howhe fared. I did so and bowing to Pharaoh, told him that his guard andchariot waited on his pleasure.
Believe me, neither did I wish tokill your father.
He comes of a great House that has grown wealthy by trade.