elysium-developers

[Elysium-developers] impasse

From: Deborah Crabtree
Subject: [Elysium-developers] impasse
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 12:33:13 -0000

Your lives and the credibility of the United Nations is at stake. Many brave men and women have made the commitment to peace.
Every nation that travels the road to freedom moves at a different pace, and the democracies they build will reflect their own culture and traditions. You can be proud of these achievements.
Kuwait held elections in which women were allowed to vote and run for office for the first time.
We know that when leaders are accountable to their people, they are more likely to seek national greatness in the achievements of their citizens, rather than in terror and conquest.
Abandon terror, recognize Israel's right to exist, honor agreements, and work for peace.
From Beirut to Baghdad, people are making the choice for freedom.
Yet your suffering continues. In it, they said this: "The shore of reform is the only one on which any lights appear, even though the journey demands courage and patience and perseverance. This is, I think, a very interesting event around a partnership to promote wildlife conservation around the world by better enforcing laws against trafficking.
This year we expect a particular focus on events in the Middle East on Darfur and on President Bush's democracy agenda. At that meeting, they will commit all of our governments to take steps to end the violence.
The words of the Universal Declaration are as true today as they were when they were written.
We see your suffering, and the world is helping you to rebuild your country, and helping you deal with the armed extremists who are undermining your democracy by acting as a state within a state. I hear from leaders in the region who want to help.
Working together, we will help your democracy succeed, so it can become a beacon of hope for millions in the Muslim world.
Al Qaeda and those inspired by its extremist ideology have attacked more than two dozen nations.
And the world has sent a clear message to the leaders of Hamas: Serve the interests of the Palestinian people.
We welcome his initiative. I believe peace can be achieved, and that a democratic Palestinian state is possible.
The Palestinian people have suffered from decades of corruption and violence and the daily humiliation of occupation.