elyxer-users

Re: [eLyXer-users] Excluding the build directory from the tarball?

From: Sven Hoexter
Subject: Re: [eLyXer-users] Excluding the build directory from the tarball?
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 19:01:35 +0100

On Thu, Dec 03, 2009 at 12:47:41AM +0100, Alex Fernandez wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 8:53 AM, Sven Hoexter <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi,

> > There is definetly space for improvements (better usage of debuild und
> > integration with pbuilder). The 'time consuming' part is still the testing.
> > All in all you can do it in about 20min.
>
> Fascinating. Since you are happy with the distribution now, let it
> rest until you find any further issues.

Out of interest I had a look at the clock while preparing 0.38-1. It
took me 18 minutes with two pbuilder builds (had to fix a typo in the
changelog, git rebase with the ability to squash commits is amazing) to
prepare the package and upload it. Two more minutes to add the right tag by
hand (I tried to be faster than I should've been, my fault).

So the 20min seem to be a good guess for a release with minimal changes.

Sven
--
If God passed a mic to me to speak
I'd say stay in bed, world