Re: [emacs-bidi] logical Hebrew for emacs

From: Ehud Karni
Subject: Re: [emacs-bidi] logical Hebrew for emacs
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 20:52:45 +0200

On Thu, 27 Dec 2001 23:13:56 +0100, Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> wrote:

>    -- pls   correct my if I am wrong Ehud--:
>    a. It does not work properly with xemacs-20.4,
>       xemacs-21.14 no mule (uni byte).

You are probably right about xemacs (I never tried to adjust hebeng,
I don't use xemacs. But hebeng works with mule on emacs 21.

>    B. If you type lines of Hebrew text, close emacs reopen
>       the file and want to insert some new text in the old
>       one, then line break does not work correctly, the text
>       at the line end (in Hebrew display)
>       gets either overwritten or deleted.

That is correct. It is difficult to change. My solution is to copy
the current line and add space lines if needed. You can combine the
lines (in RTL mode) by `join-lines'. There is a function to reflow a
paragraph (a la `fill-region-as-paragraph') in RTL mode, but it is
dependent on another package and can not added cleanly to hebeng.

Ehud.

--
 Ehud Karni           Tel: +972-3-7966-561  /"\
 Mivtach - Simon      Fax: +972-3-7966-667  \ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign