Re: [emacs-bidi] merge emacs-bidi into the main tree

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [emacs-bidi] merge emacs-bidi into the main tree
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2003 22:43:54 +0200

> From: Alex Schroeder <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2003 15:44:46 +0200
>
> Whoever took the decision a long time ago to not use the approach
> used in emacs-bidi should reconsider the decision.  We've been
> waiting for a long time; I don't suppose that was foreseeable at the
> time the decision was taken.  Given that we don't have any redisplay
> hackers -- not to mention with enough free time -- I think the
> current emacs-bidi approach is the best we will be able to come up
> with in the year to come.  And I don't think we really want to wait
> that long.  We'd rather take the imperfect solution.

I'd rather ask on emacs-devel for volunteers to carry on the original
plan.  I can coordinate the effort if that would help (assuming people
who'd like to work on this agree for me to be the coordinator).

FWIW, I'm trying to arrange for some free time in a few months so that
I could make some progress in this matter, but given the past
experience, I don't recommend to count on that.