Re: [emacs-bidi] Re: merge emacs-bidi into the main tree

From: Tzafrir Cohen
Subject: Re: [emacs-bidi] Re: merge emacs-bidi into the main tree
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 23:17:23 +0300

On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 02:26:16PM +0900, Kenichi Handa wrote:
> At first, I have no idea how the package is created.
>
> In article <address@hidden>, Tzafrir Cohen <address@hidden> writes:
> >   emacsbidi -fn heb8x13
>
> > And typed some Hebrew chars using the X winodws's Hebrew keyboard. No
> > bidi rendering sighted.
>
> If you at least see correct Hebrew chars, please load
> bidi.el by M-x load-library RET bidi RET, then you'll see
> the new menu "Bidi" in the top menu-bar.  Then, turn on
> menu-bar->Bidi->"Enable bidi display".

Works now.

Some other notes:

* bidi-ehud (or selecting the "ehud" menu item seems to have the same
  effect as turning off bidi display)

* Rant: Shouldn't it be built with gtk support? I got used to decent menus...

* I built a crued rpm package for RH7.3 at work. I have not yet found
  any tester there, and I have some reasons to suspect it is not good
  so I din't upload it for now. But if anybody's interested...

* Generally the process for building an rpm is to adapt an existing rpm,
  instead of writing one from scratch. If someone needs help on any
  other distro, let me know.

--
mailto:address@hidden       +---------------------------+