Re: [emacs-bidi] arabic: composition

From: Alex Schroeder
Subject: Re: [emacs-bidi] arabic: composition
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 21:44:09 +0200

TAKAHASHI Naoto <address@hidden> writes:

> The rightmost Arabic letter in the screenshot is Hamza, which never
> connects to other letters.  I do not know the Arabic word for "stick",
> but does it really begins with a Hamza?  Isn't it Ain (`) ?

Sorry for the unclear description.

This is with composition enabled, therefore the first letter I am
refering to is the Ain.  To write it, I used the arabic-translit input
method and typed '.sa -- so there is Ain - Saad - Alif (I am not sure
about the names of the letters, I just have a textbook on Arabic in
German).

The bug is that on my screenshot the Ain does not connect to the Saad,
but I think it should.

Alex.
--
http://www.emacswiki.org/alex/