[emacs-bidi] Re: Is emacs-bidi merged int o unicode-2 ?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: [emacs-bidi] Re: Is emacs-bidi merged int o unicode-2 ?
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 21:35:36 +0200

> From: "Yotam Medini" <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 10:36:02 +0200
>
> > From:       Eli Zaretskii
> > Date:       Tue, 22 Nov 2005 06:32:01 +0200

> > The branch name is emacs-bidi.  The instructions to use the Emacs CVS
> > can be found here:
> >
> >   http://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group=emacs
>
> Looks like this branch is inactive for about two years.
> Isn't it merged into the 'unicode-2' branch ?

No, it isn't, for the obvious reason that the emacs-bidi branch is
extremely unstable, so it would screw up the unicode-2 branch which is
used by several people who actively work on the Unicode version of
Emacs.  Unfortunately, there's no similar enthusiasm for making the
emacs-bidi branch stable; if this goes on, we will never have a
bidi-enabled Emacs.