Re: [emacs-bidi] Re: Hebrew tutorial

From: Yair F
Subject: Re: [emacs-bidi] Re: Hebrew tutorial
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 21:15:41 +0300

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 2:09 PM, Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> wrote:
> In article <address@hidden>, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
>> > 3. Please use the Hebrew Maqaf instead of hyphen.
>
>> I tried that, but the results look ugly, at least on MS-Windows: the
>> Maqaf is composed with the preceding character and almost entirely
>> blends with it as result of this composition.  Is this something
>> specific to the Windows Uniscribe engine?  Is this an Emacs bug?
>
> It's an Emacs bug.  I've just committed a fix.

Thank you, it is working correctly now.

05C3 (Sof Pasuq) is also non-composable character. Please fix it as well.

Also, when trying to replace the dash character with Maqaf using
M-% in the toutorial, the cursor (notifying point) is not always
positioned in the correct place, the replacement is correctly
highlighted using font-lock.