[Emacs-devel] `insert-before-markers' in comint.el

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Emacs-devel] `insert-before-markers' in comint.el
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 21:20:15 +0900 (JST)

[I hope this is the right list to send this to...]

I've reverted comint.el to using `insert-before-markers', for reasons
discussed earlier, and added an ugly workaround to undo the problems
that it causes.

However, in the future, I would like to solve this in the right way, by
adding a (buffer-local) variable that determines the insertion-type of
the window-point marker.  Not only would this make the comint code
cleaner, but it would be useful for other types of buffers which are
mainly appended to, for instance the *Messages* buffer.

When is the right time to do this?

Is there any rough schedule for release now?

-Miles