Re: [Emacs-devel] Emacs move

From: William M. Perry
Subject: Re: [Emacs-devel] Emacs move
Date: 14 Sep 2000 09:10:25 -0500

"Robert J. Chassell" <address@hidden> writes:

>    For information on how to access your repository, please look at
>    http://www.gnu.org/software/devel.html#CVS
>
> Done.  As it happens, emacs is not listed as any of the available
> modules, so perhaps I should not be surprised that I cannot
> access the emacs repository.
>
> I ran the following
>
>      $ cvs -d :pserver:address@hidden:/cvs login
>     (Logging in to address@hidden)
>     CVS password:
>
> but check out failed:
>
>      $ cvs -d :pserver:address@hidden:/cvs checkout emacs
>     cvs server: Updating emacs
>     cvs server: cannot open directory /cvs/emacs: Permission denied
>     cvs server: skipping directory emacs
>

> Also, on my machine I changed the name of the archive to
>
>     :pserver:address@hidden:/cvs
>
> in my CVS/Root files but also cannot update emacs.

I used /home/cvs and was able to check it out, but I also used my account
instead of anoncvs.

But it does not build because src/regex.[ch] are not found.  Were these
symlinks in the old repository or something strange like that?  When I do a
`cvs update' I get:

cvs server: Updating .
cvs server: nothing known about regex.c
cvs server: nothing known about regex.h