Re: diff-mode faces

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: diff-mode faces
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 09:03:23 -0400

> I notice that diff-mode's faces have changed recently.  The new
> defauls effectively use the face `highlight' for most things in the
> diffs.

Well, they inherit from `highlight'.

> I think it would make sense to re-introduce the former, much prettier,
> definitions, at least on graphical frames with colors.

I'd argue for a change to the default highlight face instead (to something
more greyish, more in line with the default fringes/menubar/modeline
colors).  But I don't have much hope on that side, so I guess I'll just
revert to an explicit face setting (rather than inheriting).

        Stefan