Re: [Miles Bader <address@hidden>] fancy-splash & GNU systems

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [Miles Bader <address@hidden>] fancy-splash & GNU systems
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 21:01:00 +0200

> From: Gerd Moellmann <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 17:54:10 +0200 (CEST)
>
> I tend to agree with what Miles says.  What do you think?

Did I understand correctly that on systems other than GNU/Linux
there's no splash screen at all?  If so, it seems wrong to favor one
system to such an extreme.  I think Emacs users on any system deserve
some cute splash screen.

If the problem is only the sentence about Emacs being part of some
system, then I'm not sure I understand why do we need to say that on
Linux.  If this is somehow important, I agree with Miles that
something similar should be said on other systems.