[Richard Stallman <address@hidden>] Re: GFDL question

From: Dave Love
Subject: [Richard Stallman <address@hidden>] Re: GFDL question
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 14:08:35 +0100

I guess this is of general interest.

rms says all the manuals should be put under the GFDL, following
emacs.texi.  Could people maintaining packages that have separate
manuals modify them accordingly?  I'll fix up the Gnus ones.

[Thanks to Stefan for spotting the reference issue.]

--- Begin Message --- Subject: Re: GFDL question Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 21:33:34 -0600 (MDT)
    I was copying the GFDL boilerplate from the Emacs manual to those for
    Gnus etc., and realize that it refers to the section containing the
    GFDL text.  I suspect that's not appropriate for all the subsidiary
    manuals.  Is it OK to refer to that section "in the Emacs manual"?

Yes.  But the license notice should say,

This document is part of a collection distributed under the GNU Free
Documentation License.  If you want to distribute this document
separately from the collection, you can do so by adding a copy of the
license to the document, as described in section 6 of the license.

--- End Message ---