Re: mode-line face

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: mode-line face
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 22:13:23 +0100

Gerd Moellmann <address@hidden> writes:

> Jason Rumney <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > I did notice that the modeline is drawn assuming a fixed
> > font. Depending on the text that is in the modeline, it can finish
> > before the right margin with a variable width font, leaving a white
> > block.
>
> I haven't noticed this yet on X.  Have others seen it happen?

It only seems to occur for mode-lines that are already visible when
the face is changed. It is not obvious at first, as the old mode-line
is still visible in the "gap", but if you press Cntl-L it turns white
(or perhaps the background color). If the window configuration
changes, the modelines are redrawn correctly. Perhaps interactive
functions that modify faces should recalculate and redraw the display
after the face is modified to prevent screen garbage due to changed
heights and widths.

--
Jason Rumney <address@hidden>