toolbars?

From: William M. Perry
Subject: toolbars?
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 17:19:14 -0500

So, I wanted to get toolbars working in Emacs/W3 and got about 90% of the
way there.  I took the existing toolbar code and convert the XEmacs
representation to a keymap like so:

    (let ((toolbar-map (make-sparse-keymap)))
      (mapcar (lambda (desc)
                (if (and desc (not (keywordp (aref desc 0))))
                    (tool-bar-add-item (symbol-value (aref desc 0)) ; image
                                       (aref desc 1) ; binding
                                       (intern (aref desc 3)) ; key
                                       toolbar-map ; keymap
                                       :enable (aref desc 2)))) w3-toolbar)
      (define-key w3-mode-map [tool-bar] toolbar-map)))

BUT the global toolbar is still drawn, and this results in a VERY
long toolbar (wraps to two lines) which looks horrible.  How do I nuke the
old toolbar?  I could find no other packages that use the toolbar support
yet.

-Bill P.