Re: toolbars?

From: Dave Love
Subject: Re: toolbars?
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 11:03:13 +0100

 WMP> So, I wanted to get toolbars working in Emacs/W3

[Does the current CVS source actually work properly in Emacs 21?  I
can't remember exactly what I tried and had trouble with.]

 WMP> BUT the global toolbar is still drawn,

In a mode with the `mode-class' property `special', only part of it
should be drawn (which perhaps needs refining).

 WMP> How do I nuke the old toolbar?  I could find no other packages
 WMP> that use the toolbar support yet.

I haven't been able to attend to it since Gerd made a bug fix to allow
what I was intending to do -- use indirection of the [tool-bar] keymap
binding through a function, so that you can override it locally.

We've only paid much attention to the tool bar quite recently since we
didn't have icons we could use before.