Re: bitmap files

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: bitmap files
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 01:54:51 +0900 (JST)

I think the current situation with `find-image' is a bit bogus anyway.

I would much rather be able to say just something like `(find-image "foo")'
and have the system worry about image types and extensions &c.
Of course it would be nice to have additional (optional) arguments to
specify preferred image types or whatever, but I think usually the order
of types to try and file extensions to use are pretty constant for a
given emacs and display.

Then code could just do `(find-image (if monop NAME (concat NAME "_mono")))'
without all the hardwired image types &c in the lisp code.  For systems
like yours, we could even supply 2 sets of monochrome images, .xpm and .xbm.

-Miles