Re: isearch-lazy-highlight-initial-delay

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: isearch-lazy-highlight-initial-delay
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 19:21:00 +0200

> From: Miles Bader <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 00:18:34 +0900 (JST)
>
> How do we detect the situation in which it's ok to modify the system
> baud-rate?  The only way I can think of is to pattern match against the
> tty name, and that's obviously quite system-dependent.

Sorry, I don't understand.  IIRC, baud-rate is set (by some magic) on
true tty's, including remote logins, to something that should quite
accurately describe the baud rate.  On X, MS-Windows, MS-DOS, and
other non-tty displays, bad-rate is arbitrarily set to some value that
is high enough to force redisplay DTRT wrt its algorithms that
determine when to use partial updates, when to redraw lines instead of
srolling them, etc.