Re: define-minor-mode

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: define-minor-mode
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 11:30:37 +0900 (JST)

Gerd Moellmann <address@hidden> writes:
> > I don't know what the correct thing to change is, though, since the
> > offending feature of define-minor-mode seems useful.  Is it possible
> > to push forms onto a list to be evaluated when a file is done loading?
>
> I'm not sure.  Could you make use of after-load-alist and load-file-name?

That would work I guess, although it would make loading different from
calling eval-region on the file, which seems a bit dodgey.

Perhaps there could be a new variable like `after-current-load-forms',
which would be bound to nil by load, and then executed afterwards like
matching entries in after-load-alist (and presumably before it).

Code like d-m-m could push new forms on it, and eval-region could also
implement this feature.  The current `eval-after-load' function could be
used as an interface, by having it use after-current-load-forms if the
filename is nil.

This wouldn't help people who go through the file doing eval-defun, but
I'm not sure there's much that can be done in that case.

-Miles
--
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra.  Suddenly it flips over,
pinning you underneath.  At night the ice weasels come.  --Nietzsche