Re: mode-line-inverse-video

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: mode-line-inverse-video
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 17:32:55 +0900 (JST)

> I wrote:
> > I would suggest that it's simply too blunt a stick, and should be removed
> > (with some documentation referring to the appropriate faces to modify),
> > or the current behavior reversed (i.e., if it's nil, then force all
> > mode-lines to be non-inverse-video, otherwise do nothing).
>
> I'm not sure such a change should be made (I think we should rather
> fix the bug), but even if it is, please let's postpone it until after
> v21.1 is out.  This issue touches the heart of the color support on
> all display systems, which is notoriously complex, took several
> iterations to get right, and I typically need a few days of work to
> fix the MS-DOS/tty colors after each significant change in this area.

Point taken, although such a change would only touch uses of
mode_line_inverse_video, which basically doesn't work anyway (in a way
that is useful, anyway).

-Miles
--
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra.  Suddenly it flips over,
pinning you underneath.  At night the ice weasels come.  --Nietzsche