Re: font-lock-comment-face

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: font-lock-comment-face
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 10:59:17 +0200

> From: Miles Bader <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 17:46:31 +0900 (JST)
>
> > I think comments are using reddish colors for such a long time that we
> > shouldn't change their default color in any radical way.
>
> This is only true if a significant number of people actually like the
> current default (among those who use a dark-background)

We could take a poll, if that's important.

> I doubt anyone
> actually *depends* on the precise color used, only that it stand out
> from the surrounding text.

Nevertheless, if someone is used to see comments in red, they will be
confused, at least initially, and perhaps annoyed, to see them in a
very different color.

> The problem with red is that if it gets dark, you can't read it, and if
> it gets too bright and saturated, it drives you insane.

Does FireBrick look so badly on dark background?  IIRC, it's not a
saturated color, and neither is it too dark, is it?  Perhaps we could
use it in both background modes?