Re: font-lock-comment-face

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: font-lock-comment-face
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 14:46:11 +0200

> From: Miles Bader <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 20:19:24 +0900 (JST)
>
> I tried a bunch, and the one I think looks the nicest, but is still
> `reddish' (and is converted to red by the tty color reduction code),
> is "chocolate1".

Perhaps that's true for 8-color terminals, or maybe you have
non-default colors in tty-defined-color-alist.  On 16-color terminals
(which includes at least MS-DOS and w32 ports), all chocolate colors
are reduced to brown, which is identical to the color used for
strings.

However, if most of the tty's only support 8 colors, I think it would
be okay to make such a change anyhow.