Re: make check

From: Gerd Moellmann
Subject: Re: make check
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 22:17:08 +0200 (CEST)

thi <address@hidden> writes:

> currently "make check" tells us there are no tests for emacs.  is anyone
> working to implement a regression suite (in elisp)?

Yes and no.  I talked with Martin Buchholz <address@hidden> a few
weeks back about adopting XEmacs' regression test framework which he
wrote.  If I remember right, he agreed to assign it to the FSF.

I haven't found the time to look at it, though (queued for after
21.1).  We also would have to make sure that we get papers from
everyone who has worked on it, it other people than Martin have
contributed to it.

> any chance we could get a framework in for 21.0?

I think it's too late for 21.1, but 21.2 might be a good candidate.
Would you like to work on this?