Mailing lists: So how does it work?

From: Andre Spiegel
Date: 17 Oct 2000 09:45:26 +0200

> > what's the distinction between
> > emacs-hackers and emacs-devel?
>
> The former is for discussions between the developers, while the latter
> is for people who don't have write access to the CVS tree but want to
> talk to the developers.

Ok, since nobody else is saying anything about this, I assume that is
the definitive word.  Two questions, though: It appears to me that the
current traffic on emacs-devel _is_ discussions between developers
(and developers only).  Is there anyone subscribed to emacs-devel who
does _not_ have write access to the repository?  Second, while I don't
really care what list I am on, and while I do understand that there
might be a need for a separate channel for the hard core developers, I
do need to be aware of things like a feature freeze, so I'd appreciate
if such announcements could be made on emacs-devel or whatever
appropriate forum there is.