Re: Info faces

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Info faces
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 08:25:42 +0200

> From: Miles Bader <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 21:55:30 +0900 (JST)
>
> I neglected to say in the previous message, despite my probably bogus
> conclusions involving 16-colors, the important point is on *8-color*
> tty, "light red" turns into "white", which stands out noticably less
> than the yellow or light blue, and so is unsuitable for Info-title-1-face.

What happens if "lightred" is changed into "red1"?  Does it display as
red on a 8-color tty?  If it does, is the color acceptable?  If it
doesn't display as red (or some reddish color), could you see why
doesn't tty-color-translate behave as I'd expect?

> Given the extreme lack of colors in this case, how about just rotating
> the set, so --
>
>   Info-title-1-face   --  yellow + bold
>   Info-title-2-face   --  light blue + bold
>   Info-title-3-face   --  just bold

That would be acceptable, too, I think, if the suggestion above
doesn't work.