Re: Info faces

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Info faces
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 17:18:39 +0900 (JST)

> >    (tty-color-translate "lightblue")
> >    => 6
>
> What happens if you use "blue1" instead of "lightblue"?  Does it map
> to 4, the blue color?  Does it look right in Info?  ("blue1" is what I
> actually meant to use.)

It indeed translates to 4, which is blue.

However, this blue color (like the red color) on the linux console is a
very dark blue, and not very suitable for displaying text meant to be
emphasized on a black background.  I think that "lightblue" is better
because it's actually displayed as cyan (which indeed looks like a light
blue), and is quite good for this purpose.

-Miles
--
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra.  Suddenly it flips over,
pinning you underneath.  At night the ice weasels come.  --Nietzsche