Re: Info faces

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Info faces
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 13:11:19 +0200 (IST)

On Wed, 25 Oct 2000, Gerd Moellmann wrote:

> Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > [Of course another question is, if it's an xterm, should emacs try to read
> > the X resources and see what the real fg/bg colors are?]
>
> `xterm -name NAME' makes this difficult.

You mean, `-tn NAME', maybe (at least that's what the closest Unix box
says)?

We could have an alist ($TERM-value . bg-mode), which by default is set
to what we know (what people posted in this thread), and we could let the
user customize that alist.  Then startup.el could consult that alist to
DTRT.