Re: (type graphic)

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: (type graphic)
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 21:17:49 +0900 (JST)

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
> Miles, could you please tell what does defface need to know about the
> display capabilities for the above distinction?  Is it a number of
> supported colors, perhaps?  If so, we can make a better test, I think.

I just wanted an inverse of (type tty), because sometimes it's more
convenient to write face descriptions that way -- note the proliferation
of (type x w32 mac), except that often w32 or mac are left out, for no
apparent good reason.

The test for (type tty) used to be just `(null window-system)', so
(type graphic) could just use `window-system'; however since you often
evangelize against using `window-system' directly, and display-graphic-p
seems to reduce to essentially the same thing*, I used that instead.

-Miles

* Actually (display-graphic-p FRAME) is basically equivalent to
  "(member window-system '(x w32 mac))" in this case, which I guess
  means that `pc' will be considered a tty.  This seems correct to me,
  but you certainly know better....