Re: (type graphic)

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: (type graphic)
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 19:55:10 +0100

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

> I just wanted an inverse of (type tty), because sometimes it's more
> convenient to write face descriptions that way -- note the proliferation
> of (type x w32 mac), except that often w32 or mac are left out, for no
> apparent good reason.

The only place where w32 and mac have been left out that I can see is
a special case for mono displays in faces.el. As far as I am aware,
Windows does not support mono displays, although it would certainly
not do any harm to include it there.

If there are others, please point them out. There are some features
not supported yet in Windows, so it may not necessarily be an
oversight on my part, but probably is.

To clarify for Eli, the face definitions that Miles is talking about
are those which take on a raised button appearance. I think that this
is only available on graphic displays, as it involves drawing shaded
lines around text, so a `(type graphic)' seems appropriate to me.

--
Jason Rumney <address@hidden>