Re: (type graphic)

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: (type graphic)
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 09:34:28 +0900 (JST)

I wrote:
> As for the color-tag, I'm not sure.  How about if an argument to `color'
> is an integer, then the test succeeds when the number of supported of
> colors is >= the argument.  [This obviously relies on low-color
> terminals all supporting a "similar" set of colors]

I should mention here that in fact, in my experience, it /isn't/ the
case that all terminals with 16 colors have a similar set; in particular
the X terminals I've tested all seem to support the basic 8 colors + dim
versions of those colors, whereas my impression from looking at the code
for the PC is that it supports the basic 8 colors + /bright/ versions of
them...  Please correct me if I'm wrong.

-Miles
--
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra.  Suddenly it flips over,
pinning you underneath.  At night the ice weasels come.  --Nietzsche