Re: Solaris change

From: Sam Steingold
Subject: Re: Solaris change
Date: 27 Oct 2000 17:15:42 -0400

> * In message <address@hidden>
> * On the subject of "Solaris change"
> * Sent on Thu, 26 Oct 2000 23:16:44 +0100
> * Honorable Dave Love <address@hidden> writes:
>
> I've just installed a change that got forgotten about a while back to
> enable use of GNU malloc on Solaris 2.5+.  This is likely to break on
> some systems, but we'd like to find out more about the circumstances.
> (It works OK on Solaris 2.7 here.)

$ uname -a
SunOS david 5.5.1 Generic_103640-31 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-Enterprise
$ make bootstrap
__realloc_hook                      alloc.o
__malloc_extra_blocks               alloc.o
__malloc_hook                       alloc.o
__free_hook                         alloc.o
memory_warnings                     emacs.o
_bytes_used                         alloc.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to temacs
$

--
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds)
Support Israel's right to defend herself! <http://www.i-charity.com/go/israel>