Re: Strange VC/CVS failure

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Strange VC/CVS failure
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2000 19:56:57 +0100

Andre Spiegel <address@hidden> writes:

> Jason Rumney <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > C-z C-q, enter log message, C-c C-c. I am then prompted for a
> > confirmation - this is a new thing that has started happening sometime
> > in the last two weeks, and may be connected. I am always prompted with
> > the same question, even on checkins that work.
>
> VERY strange.  I have no idea what kind of question that might be.  Is
> anybody else being asked ANYTHING after C-c C-c?  Could you give me
> the precise words?

A buffer pops up with the name of the file that is being checked in,
and in the minibuffer is the prompt "Really commit?" (which seems a
bit vague, no actual error is mentioned).

> Stefan, is this log-edit (which I don't use yet)?  Maybe it has
> something to do with that?

>From memory, that is the name of the buffer that pops up with the file
name in it.

> BTW. you write C-z C-q -- is that a typo or a personal binding?

Typo, should be C-x C-q.

> Does the error also happen if you use C-x v v for checkin?

I'm not sure, as I have not figured out how to repeat the problem yet.

--
Jason Rumney <address@hidden>