Re: scroll-bar dithering?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: scroll-bar dithering?
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 15:52:01 +0900 (JST)

"Stefan Monnier" <monnier+gnu/address@hidden> writes:
> Check the `benicetocolormap' Xresource setting.

Indeed, setting that to false does the trick, now my scroll-bars look good.

However, I wonder why the default is different on the two machines?
Certainly I never set it (until now), and I can't find any mention of it
in any system configuration file.

If there's some flakiness about, should emacs force the value to
`false', since it looks a lot better?  [it seems bizarre to even bother
with a setting of `true' -- the only difference seems to be whether it
allocates 3 colors or 2!]

-Miles
--
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra.  Suddenly it flips over,
pinning you underneath.  At night the ice weasels come.  --Nietzsche