Re: default bg color on ttys

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: default bg color on ttys
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 08:36:26 -0500 (EST)

   |> It is easier to explain to a novice how to start a working Emacs on
   |> their (most likely misconfigured) system by giving them a command line
   |> option than by teaching them about .emacs files or teaching them how
   |> to use Emacs interactively while the display is in a bad state.

   Well, the command line option could be --eval "(set-background-mode 'dark)".

This is fine for you and me but is too complicated to explain to a
novice.  It is complicated: you need to explain that it is necessary
to use parentheses and a single quotation mark, an apostrophe, before
the word dark.

We need a option that is easily remembered and explained, such as  --bg-dark

--
    Robert J. Chassell                  address@hidden
    Rattlesnake Enterprises             http://www.rattlesnake.com